Wednesday, December 06, 2006

GIT

Today wasn't as bad as yesterday, thanks in part to one new coworker that returned from traveling today that sits next to me and was really friendly. There were times when he was looking at me and explaining something but everything was just a confusing muddled mess of words. I hate that about being a new employee, where everyone is throwing around crazy acronyms and you have no clue what the hell they are saying but you smile and nod anyway.

Unfortunately I was sitting in a meeting as an observer and my symptoms started to get a little out of control. I had to use my hand to hold my hand still. No one noticed.

After work tonight I drove down to mountain view for a meeting with the board. This time I was presenting, and yes I noticed my symptoms but I was able to get through it with confidence and symptoms getting out of control. That's what I need to transfer over to work, I will have to be doing presentations for my peers and clients very soon. It just goes to show that I'm at my best when I know what I'm talking about. I am concerned that I may have to pull it together before I feel ready.

On the way home I realised that my dog spent most of the day by himself and I felt bad. I'll have to devote some time to him this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Synaptic Jen said...

I just recently found your blog. I can relate to your struggles with dystonia as I have had generalized dystonia for about 11 years now. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. Living with dystonia is a difficult daily challenge, but it is a liveable disorder. I look forward to reading your new posts. I recently started a blog too and am finding that it really helps me feel better to be sharing my thoughts with others. It is also great to meet others with dystonia who share the difficulties of living with this disability. Thanks again, Jen

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home