Monday, January 24, 2011

Staying on Schedule

There were a few days after going back on Baclofen where my symptoms went away entirely. Incredible that it dropped off without me not realizing it. Definitely a great sign. I feel better about it now than when I last posted, mainly because the rapid increase in symptoms mirrored my first onset of dystonia. That time, it took me nearly 2 years to function again.

I'm terrible at taking vitamins, antihistamines, anything regularly. When I do remember, it's at a different hour of the day, sometimes the end of the work day.

I've been a little bit out of whack lately: waking up in the middle of the night, mood swings, asthma attacks, some feeling of anxiety on trivial things. I thought it was something I was eating but today I realized that it could be the drugs and looked it up. The drugs have been found to treat alcoholism and tend to have withdrawal symptoms.. sooo, I need to be better about not forgetting.

Thanks to those of you who've sent me private notes or looked me in the eye to ask me about what's going on. I don't want it to seem like I'm crying for help, or asking for credit. I feel like I've been blessed to not have something terminal and I've been given chances to live and operate without restriction again. There are people less fortunate (some with dystonia) than I. Talking about it, writing about it, explaining it makes me feel like I have a degree of control and sharing makes it seem less like I was alone. This time around, I waited a week before telling my new boss. I think overall, I'm just getting more comfortable about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home