Thursday, March 02, 2006

2 weeks

Today marks 2 weeks since I've gotten the botulinum toxin treatment. I guess this is as good as it gets for now.

Progress:
  • My head is no longer stuck in dystonia to the left side

  • There is less pain

  • I am no longer choking when I eat

  • I can use a computer again

  • I can read again

  • I can brush my own teeth and shave again

  • I can walk without stumbling

  • side effects: my mood is better, I'm able to sleep again, my appetite has come back

Regrets:
  • I am still prone to sudden dystonic posturing

  • It is still difficult to drive

  • It is still difficult to use a camera

  • It is still difficult to look someone in the eye.

  • I am still unable to go back to work, speak to people in public


...My bosses replied to my email the standard "hope you feel better" responses. I think I've lost them completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home