Monday, March 06, 2006

I want to work

Some people think of being on disability as some kind of joke... like if you can leech off the government then why not? Do it as long as you can. If you can somehow not have to work then don't for as long as you can.

Being on disability is not what you might assume. I want to work, I want to contribute, I want to keep myself busy. And there's always the worry that someday the disability checks will stop coming and that, even if you're willing, you couldn't work to save your life.

I feel insecure being in my twenties that I'm too young to get the social benefits of retirement. I'm willing to work my own way but my condition makes it extremely difficult to function. It's almost as if being in my twenties is a drawback to the disability system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home