Friday, March 10, 2006

In limbo again

I don't know how this happened, but the treatments I received last month already seem to be wearing off. It's not as worse as before, but my sister agrees it looks like the movements are exaggerated again. My doctor on Monday said that maybe the botox is wearing off. I didn't believe him, but now that I think about it my positions seem to be more stuck now and a little bit of the pain is coming back.

I had a long talk with Martha at the Parkinson's Institute today. (I don't know why this is, but since this started I've spoken to several Martha's that have all been very helpful and understanding) We went over my disability forms for my company. She said that the form I sent her is the most extensive one she's seen. The current date for my return to work is June 15th (which we'll move again if treatment doesn't have me ready). I told her I was worried about losing my job since that date will almost hit my one year. She suggested that I apply for the Family Medical Leave Act to protect my benefits. I wasn't sure what that was about, I looked it up online and couldn't find anything to apply for. If anyone has any information about it I would be much obliged.

In other news, I've been feeling pretty crappy lately. I'm back to the limbo that I was in before: wondering if the treatments will ever work, stuck between appointments, worried about my future, trapped at home, isolated from human contact. I look and feel like crap too. At the very least, I'm not caught up in horrible side effects from the medications.

My next appointment with the neurologist is next Thursday. It's a follow up to the botox treatments so we'll see what she says.

1 Comments:

Blogger I go by many names... said...

I found some links with general information on the FMLA...

http://www.opm.gov/oca/fmla/

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/statutes/whd/fmla.htm

http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/

but when I clicked on anything that looked like applications, or application help, all I got was a white screen. Hopefully these links will be some help. Maybe you won't get the "white screen".

Denise (Dystonia International)

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home