Sunday, April 23, 2006

alive and kicking

yes, I am here. Days are still ups and downs. Probably more downs than ups, but I am keeping my spirits up. Insecurity and unpredictability still haunt me every day but I am learning to live my life with less control.

I got a call from a recruiter on Friday. Seems that a few of my resumes are still up and they're looking for someone with my technical skills in a low-profile job. More and more these days am I missing being in the office punching a product out, being part of something, taking pride in my abilities. I don't know what to do, really. How does one exactly come out of disability? How does one approach an interview like that, explaining their condition and yet portraying a can-do candidate? And then there is my old company, the one that has been so patient and understanding. I owe them so much, but in my current state I cannot do the job they hired me for.

I've been passing the time jamming on the laud. The skin on my first 2 fingers has peeled about 4 times in as many weeks. But the music is becoming more effortless, so I can count that as an improvement. The question is, will I ever be able to perform again with this condition?

...Doctor upped my dosage of artane again. And this time, I'm feeling it. I've been feeling kind of off, like I'm about to collapse at any moment. And it'sn ot because I've been tired, because I've been trying to get more sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home